Sean Fennessey breaks down the Best Picture voting process and explains how the ranked-ballot system benefits The Shape of Water.
In This Stream
Next Up In Oscars
- The Awards Season Awards: Which Oscars Campaigns Worked (and Didn’t)
- ‘May December’ Found a Delicate Balance to Tell a Disturbing Tale
- Will Somebody PLEASE Give Bradley Cooper a Damn Oscar?
- From Superhero to Villain: Robert Downey Jr.’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Turn Was Undeniable
- Robert De Niro Continues to Evolve, Persevere, and Challenge Himself. He Should Win Another Oscar.
- Final Best Picture Power Rankings and How Oscar Voting Really Works