On Spotify Live, Ariel Helwani, Chuck Mindenhall, and Petesy Carroll preview UFC 277 as the fighters (including Julianna Peña, who makes it quite interesting) step to the scales. The guys discuss:
- If Julianna Peña vs. Amanda Nunes 2 is the biggest fight in the history of women’s MMA
- Big changes Nunes has made heading into this fight
- A must-see interim flyweight title fight between Brandon Moreno and Kai Kara-France (18:24)
- The incredible rise of City Kickboxing
- Dramatic moments in the lead-up to Peña finally making weight in the closing minutes (1:11:25)
Plus, some calls from the best community in MMA…featuring some unexpected twists (41:18).
*This weigh-in show has been edited for brevity.
Next episode: Saturday, July 30, immediately following the end of UFC 277. Follow The Ringer MMA Show exclusively on Spotify for all the details.
Hosts: Ariel Helwani, Chuck Mindenhall, Petesy Carroll
Producer: Troy Farkas