Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapter 36 plus the epilogue. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 61st episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what happened in these two chapters. Harry returns to the world of the living after his trip to the limbo of King’s Cross, defeats Voldemort for good, and—in the epilogue—sends his children off to school 19 years later.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: love.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the Elder Wand.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine the names of Harry and Ginny’s children, the final duels in the Great Hall, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the two chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry Potter, of course, for his final triumph over the Dark Lord.
Mallory and Jason will return soon for Episode 62 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter in which they will break down the second Hallows movie. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!