Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 34-35. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 60th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what happened in these two chapters. Harry discovers the Resurrection Stone gifted to him by Dumbledore, walks into the Forbidden Forest to sacrifice himself, and ends up in King’s Cross station, where Dumbledore waits and explains all the secrets at last.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: sacrifice.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about King’s Cross.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine the process of writing “The Forbidden Forest,” some Horcrux minutiae, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the two chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry Potter, for completing the most phenomenal stretch of heroism in the entire series.
Mallory and Jason will return soon for Episode 61 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter in which they will break down chapter 36 and the epilogue of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!