Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 34 through 36. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 32nd episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. The gang explores the Department of Mysteries, Sirius Black meets a tragic end, and Voldemort and Dumbledore engage in a duel for the ages.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: recklessness.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about duels.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a powerful Neville nugget, the mystery that lies behind a locked door, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, who insults Voldemort with the name “Tom,” bests him in a duel, and torments Cornelius Fudge once again with his poise and command of his surroundings.
On Friday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 33 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 37 and 38 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!