Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 12-15. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 38th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these four chapters. Harry witnesses an inadvertent attack on Katie Bill, sees Dumbledore’s memory of meeting young Tom Riddle, and tricks Ron into an incredible Quidditch performance.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: warning signs.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about Felix Felicis.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Mundungus Fletcher’s thievery, Professor Trelawney’s predictions, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the four chapters. This episode’s recipient is Ginny, who scores plenty on and off the pitch.
On Monday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 39 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 16 through 19 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!