Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 8-11. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 37th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these four chapters. Harry begins his school year, finds a helpful new book, and starts his investigation—with Dumbledore’s guidance—into Voldemort’s past.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: tutelage.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about the Gaunt family.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a love potion’s clues, Trelawney’s secret genius, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the four chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who displays a new knack for potions and bears a newfound attractiveness for everyone at school.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 38 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 12 through 15 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!