Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 3-7. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 36th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry helps Dumbledore recruit a new (and old) professor, visits the twins’ new Diagon Alley shop, and grows suspicious of Draco Malfoy, thinking he’s a newly made Death Eater.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: allegiance.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about the Hogwarts Express.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they study the joke shop’s wares, an intimate Weasley nickname, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Draco, who initiates an intricately designed mission and, for once, bests Harry in combat.
On Wednesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 37 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 8 through 11 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!