Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 1 and 2. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 35th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these two chapters. The Muggle prime minister meets with Cornelius Fudge and Rufus Scrimgeour, and Bellatrix Lestrange quizzes Severus Snape about his relationship with the Death Eaters and Order of the Phoenix.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: perspective.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about past ministers of magic.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Scrimgeour’s background, Snape’s childhood town, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the two chapters. This episode’s recipient is Snape, who has an answer for every question thrown his way and takes a big step toward securing trust.
On Tuesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 36 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 3 through 7 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!