Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapters 35-37. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 23rd episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry returns to Hogwarts and learns Barty Crouch Jr.’s plan, Dumbledore and Fudge undergo a parting of ways, and Hermione reveals her knowledge of Rita Skeeter’s secret.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: truth.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section to teach us everything we need to know about Animagi.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 24 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down the movie adaptation of Goblet of Fire. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!