Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 20 through 23. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 29th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these four chapters. Harry reunites with Hagrid, experiences his first kiss with Cho, and spends Christmas at Grimmauld Place after seeing Mr. Weasley almost die at the fangs of a snake.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: loss of control.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine the importance of the headmaster portraits, Ron’s spattergroit-afflicted future, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the four chapters. This episode’s recipient is Ginny, who becomes Gryffindor’s new seeker and provides Harry some much-needed real talk when he frets about Voldemort’s possession.
On Monday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 30 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 24 through 28 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!