Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapters 21-26. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 20th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these six chapters. The gang attends the Yule Ball, Harry struggles to decipher the egg clue, and he ultimately rescues Ron from the lake to complete the second task.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: maturation.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the Hogwarts lake.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine an Aberforth reference, tidbits about giants and goblins, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the six chapters. This episode’s recipient is Hermione, who stuns at the Yule Ball and initiates her plan to expose Rita Skeeter’s scurrilous ways.
On Monday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 21 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 27-30 of Goblet of Fire. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!