Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 10 through 14. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 27th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry travels back to Hogwarts, suffers a series of slights and frustrations, and ends up in detention with the new DADA professor, Dolores Umbridge.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: harbingers.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about thestrals.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Harry’s future in Potions class, a bowtruckle sighting, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is the Sorting Hat, which gives a dire and much-needed warning and delivers a series of stirring rhymes to boot.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 28 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 15 through 19 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!