Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 6 through 9. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 26th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these four chapters. Harry explores the ancestral Black home, wins his trial thanks to Dumbledore’s assistance, and observes the toll of wizarding warfare through a series of encounters and conversations.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: battle lines.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the Wizengamot.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a magical Rowling Easter egg, the importance of the Ministry’s statues, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the four chapters. This episode’s recipient is Dumbledore, who, despite ignoring Harry’s gaze, defends his pupil from expulsion and successfully dunks on Cornelius Fudge time and again.
On Wednesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 27 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 10 through 14 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!