Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 1 through 5. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 25th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry fends off a pair of dementors, travels to the Black family home, and learns about the Order of the Phoenix.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: disillusionment.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about dementors.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Aunt Petunia’s hidden knowledge, foreshadowing about Sirius, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Sirius, who gives his godson some much-needed knowledge and gains further foothold in his—and the reader’s—heart.
On Tuesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 26 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 6 through 9 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!