Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapters 16-20. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 19th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. The Goblet of Fire reveals the three—no, four—Triwizard champions, Harry learns secretly that he’ll have to face a dragon, and with help from Moody, he completes the first task in a tie for first place.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: isolation.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the world’s other wizarding schools.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a scene in the Three Broomsticks, Fred and George’s agreement with Lee Jordan, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who successfully evades a dragon and emerges, alive, from the scary first task.
On Friday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 20 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 21-26 of Goblet of Fire. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!