Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapters 11-15. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 18th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. They meet Mad-Eye Moody; the new DADA teacher practices Unforgivable curses in class; and the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang make their dramatic arrivals at Hogwarts.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: expanding horizons.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about Aurors.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine some Divination mysteries, Neville’s character arc, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Mad-Eye Moody, who despite terrorizing a student captures the school’s attention and changes the way his charges think about the world.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 19 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 16-20 of Goblet of Fire. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!