Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, chapters 1-5. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 16th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Voldemort kills a Muggle named Frank Bryce; Harry feels a worrisome pain in his scar; and the Weasleys pick him up from Privet Drive to take him to the Quidditch World Cup final.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: a clash of worlds.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about Floo powder.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine our first—but not last—look at Little Hangleton, a few timeline inconsistencies, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Lord Voldemort, who has regained some sort of corporeal form, taken over his father’s home, and initiated a plan of further carnage.
On Tuesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 17 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 6-10 of Goblet of Fire. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!