Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, chapters 11-15. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 13th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry learns the Patronus charm, wins a pair of Quidditch matches, and loses possession of the Marauder’s Map after an excessive bit of mischief.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: force of will.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the Patronus charm.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a pair of meaningful dreams, Minerva “McGalleon” McGonagall’s Quidditch intensity, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who wins his first Quidditch Cup, starts producing successful Patronuses, and further connects with Professor Lupin.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 14 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 16-22 of Prisoner of Azkaban. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!