Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into the movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 10th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in the movie, as Harry, Ron, and Hermione try to unravel the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets, heir of Slytherin, and petrifications throughout the school year.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: ghosts of the past.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about Gilderoy Lockhart and Kenneth Branagh’s portrayal of the popinjay professor.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this film. Here, they analyze behind-the-scenes shoot details, book omissions, and memes galore.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the movie. This episode’s recipient is Harry Potter, who stops Voldemort from returning to life—again—and finds a true family.
Next Monday, Mallory and Jason return for a special HP Extra episode of Binge Mode, where they will be discussing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and on Monday, July 9, they will begin their exploration of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!