Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep in into the magical sport of Quidditch. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of this special episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey by answering questions from listeners, who submitted various Quidditch queries on Twitter and Facebook last week.
- They discuss the sport’s over-emphasis on the Seeker and snitch, possible analytics-based strategies, and what spells might best aid an aspiringly athletic witch or wizard on a broom.
- They also break down Viktor Krum’s career, Minerva McGonagall’s behind-the-scenes improprieties, and how the Warriors would fare in an NBA-to-Quidditch crossover event.
- Next, they speak with guest Alicia Radford, a cofounder of the US Quidditch organization, who explains how the sport got its start on the ground and what rule changes are necessary without the help of magic or flight.
- They also chat with Alicia about the future of Quidditch as a Muggle sport and how it has grown beyond just Harry Potter superfans.
Next Monday, they return with another episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, where they will analyze the first five chapters of Chamber of Secrets. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!