Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, chapters 15-17. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the fourth episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry takes a trip to the Forbidden Forest, slips by Fluffy to descend through the trapdoor with Hermione and Ron, and survives his second encounter with Lord Voldemort, this time via Professor Quirrell.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: courage.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about the philosopher’s stone, a legend from the real world that made its way to the Potterverse.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they ask questions about Dumbledore and McGonagall, analyze some centaur foreshadowing, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who at the age of 11 manages to stop the Dark Lord from returning to corporeal form.
Tomorrow, they return for Episode 5 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down the movie adaptation of Sorcerer’s Stone. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!