Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 23-25. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 55th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione briefly become prisoners in Malfoy Manor, Dobby makes a heroic but sacrificial rescue, and Harry makes the choice to pursue Horcruxes rather than Hallows as he continues to wage war against Voldemort.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: choice.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about wandmaking.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine another clue about Ravenclaw’s diadem, a pernicious goblin myth, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Dobby, a free elf.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 56 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down the first Hallows film. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!