Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 20-22. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 54th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. The trio visits Xenophilius Lovegood and learns about the Deathly Hallows, Harry grows obsessed with these new magical objects, and their tent is surrounded by enemies who discover their location at long last.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: symbols.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about technology in the wizarding world.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine some familiar beasts, the Invisibility Cloak’s mythical infallibility, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Ignotus Peverell, who exhibits intelligence and thoughtfulness as he avoids Death’s trickery and greets him, eventually, like an old friend and equal.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 55 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 23-25 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!