Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 29-31. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 58th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what happened in these three chapters. Ron and Hermione destroy one Horcrux, Crabbe inadvertently destroys another, and the Battle of Hogwarts commences as the Dark Lord’s forces converge on the castle.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: answering the call.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the four Hogwarts founders.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a debunked Snape theory, Dawlish’s sad record, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Hogwarts’s defenders, who display teamwork and magical skill and all manner of courage in their efforts to battle dark forces.
Mallory and Jason will return soon for Episode 59 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter in which they will break down chapters 32-33 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!