Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 26-28. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 57th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what happened in these three chapters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione infiltrate Gringotts, Harry sees into Voldemort’s mind to learn the last Horcrux location, and Aberforth Dumbledore details his brother Albus’s tragic past.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: commitment.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about goblins.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine the history of the Leaky Cauldron, human transfiguration, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who navigates all the Horcrux-related obstacles in this section and stands up to Aberforth’s pessimism in a heated conversation.
Mallory and Jason will return soon for Episode 58 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 29-31 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!