Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 12-14. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 49th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione infiltrate the Ministry of Magic, steal the locket from Dolores Umbridge, and start a long camping trip in the woods, where Harry sees another key dream through the eyes of Lord Voldemort.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: belly of the beast.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about injury and illness in the wizarding world.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Dolores Umbridge’s past, Hermione’s protective spells, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is the trio of Harry, Hermione, and Ron, who successfully complete the Ministry caper.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 50 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 15-17 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!