Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 9-11. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 48th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione win a skirmish against two Death Eaters, make inroads in their relationship with Kreacher, and uncover a key clue in the Horcrux hunt.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: truth.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about house elves.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Teddy Lupin’s future, a funny-sounding spell, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Kreacher, who displays bravery in both the past and present and helps the trio along their path to triumph.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 49 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 12-14 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!