Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 18-19. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 53rd episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these two chapters. Harry and Hermione read about Dumbledore’s past, a mysterious Patronus guides Harry to the sword of Gryffindor, and Ron returns to save Harry’s life and destroy another Horcrux.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: doubt.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Jason can teach us everything we need to know about the International Statute of Secrecy.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Snape’s Patronus, J.K. Rowling’s personal relationship with the Forest of Dean, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the two chapters. This episode’s recipient is Ron, who makes a heroic comeback and shows the bravery of a Gryffindor.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 54 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 20-22 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!