Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapters 4-6. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 46th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry and 13 friends leave Privet Drive, Harry duels with Voldemort and the Death Eaters in a frantic chase across the sky, and Harry deals with the fallout of the battle: the deaths of his faithful owl, Hedwig, and great Auror protector, Mad-Eye Moody.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: the cost of war.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about owls.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Hermione’s book choices, Harry’s questionable bathing habits, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is Hagrid, who creates a beautiful traveling bookend with Privet Drive and shows tremendous courage in defending the Chosen One.
Mallory and Jason return soon for Episode 47 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 7-8 of Hallows. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!