Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 16-19. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 39th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these four chapters. Harry sees memories of teenage Voldemort, saves Ron from dying of poison, and grows even more suspicious that Malfoy is up to something nefarious.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: moves and countermoves.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about love potions.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine a Snape-Lily connection, their fear of splinching, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the four chapters. This episode’s recipient is Harry, who shows impressive moral fiber in his chat with Rufus Scrimgeour, saves Ron’s life, and continues to impress with his potions work.
On Tuesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 40 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 20 through 23 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!