Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 37 and 38. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 33rd episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these two chapters. Harry and Dumbledore debrief following the battle in the Ministry, and Harry chats with Nearly Headless Nick and Luna about the afterlife.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: remorse.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about Hogwarts portraits.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine hints about Kreacher’s misery, a Harry–Ginny harbinger, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the two chapters. This episode’s recipient is Luna Lovegood, who shows a deft understanding of the world and calms Harry in his grief.
On Monday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 34 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down the film version of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!