Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 29 through 33. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 31st episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry takes his O.W.L. exams, sees a vision of Voldemort torturing Sirius, and—with help from a clever Hermione plan—escapes Umbridge to set out to his godfather’s rescue.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: subterfuge.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about the Forbidden Forest.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Hermione’s future with Ron, a wandlore nugget, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Minerva McGonagall, who displays her inner Gryffindor in a verbal clash with Umbridge and a physical clash with a quartet of cowardly Ministry employees.
On Wednesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 32 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 34 through 36 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!