Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, chapters 24 through 28. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 30th episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these five chapters. Harry starts taking Occlumency lessons with Snape, Dumbledore leaves the school after a confrontation with Ministry leadership, and Harry discovers some scary information about his father’s time at school.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: the battle within.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about wizarding publications and media.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine Half-Blood Prince foreshadowing, a Dumbledore-Grindelwald connection, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the five chapters. This episode’s recipient is Hermione, who masterminds Harry’s tell-all with Rita Skeeter and shows an unnatural command of people and relationships.
On Tuesday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 31 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 29 through 33 of Order of the Phoenix. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!