Hello! (Yeah!) And welcome to Binge Mode! Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion continue their exploration of the Harry Potter universe by diving deep into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, chapters 24-26. To help guide you on that journey, here is a map of the 41st episode of Binge Mode: Harry Potter. It’s not quite as detailed as the Marauder’s Map, but don’t fear: The podcast is just as magical.
- Mallory and Jason start their journey, of course, on the Hogwarts Express, providing a brief refresher on what actually happened in these three chapters. Harry bests Malfoy in a duel, begins a new romantic relationship, and accompanies Dumbledore on a harrowing expedition to collect a piece of Voldemort’s soul.
- They continue by diving into the Pensieve, where they analyze the central theme of this section of the book: facing the darkness.
- Next, they sneak into the Restricted Section so Mallory can teach us everything we need to know about inferi.
- After reemerging from that section of the library, Mallory and Jason discuss the Seven, where they share their seven favorite insights and observations from this swath of chapters. Here, they examine some notable items in the Room of Requirement, a beautiful tattoo option, and more.
- Finally, they award the House Cup to a worthy winner of the three chapters. This episode’s recipient is the tag team of Harry and Dumbledore, who support each other and deepen their bond while surviving a treacherous stretch of Voldemort’s obstacles.
On Thursday, Mallory and Jason return for Episode 42 of Binge Mode: Harry Potter, in which they will break down chapters 27 through 30 of Prince. For the full podcast, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you get podcasts, and follow along on Twitter and join the Facebook group, which is just for Binge Mode fans. We await your digital Owl Post!